Harrison Bay State Park
8411 Harrison Bay Rd
Harrison, TN 37341
Situated on the shores of Chickamauga Lake, Harrison Bay State Park offers some of the best fishing facilities in the state of Tennessee. Whether you are fishing for largemouth bass, striped bass, crappie or catfish this is the place to come.
Harrison Bay State Park also has a swimming pool, as well as a children's swimming pool, and a playground. There are four main areas to the campground. Areas A and C offer lake front camping. Though the lake front sites are beautiful, they are a little smaller than the inland sites. However, all of the sites are spacious. All of the sites are well shaded by a variety of trees and the privacy varies from site to site.
Security here is excellent as the gate is locked every night at 10pm and there is a night watchman on the premises.
For the nicest weather it is recommended you visit in the spring or the fall. Also, try to avoid the holiday weekends as it is extremely crowded.
Every day information
- Operated by the Tennessee State Parks
- First come first served, there are no reservations excepted
- Registration in season is at the camp store
- Parking is limited to 2 cars at site
- 128 RV only sites
- 28 Tent only sites
- 135 Multipurpose sites
- Electric (30 amps) and water hookups
- Dump station
- Restroom and showers
- Each site provides picnic table and fire ring
- Boat launch, marina with fuel, and boat slips
- Restaurant and camp store are seasonal
- Boat rentals
- Hiking, bicycle and nature trails
- Ball field, badminton, tennis, volleyball and horseshoes
- summer programs and entertainment
- Pets on leash only
- Fires in fire rings only
- Alcoholic beverage prohibited
- 32 foot maximum length on RV
- 14 day stay limit
- Firearms and metal detectors prohibited
Return to Tennessee home page
Return Home from Harrison Bay State Park