Jimmie Davis State Park
SR No 1209 Chatham, Louisianna 71226888-677-2263
Jimmie Davis State Park is exactly what we had in mind when we came up with the idea for waters-edge-outdoors.com. The perfect campground on the perfect bass lake.
Located right on the shores of Caney Lake, a bass fishing paradise, which is also off the beaten path, though it still gets quite a crowd on weekends and holidays.
Jimmie Davis State Park offers numerous sites right on the shore of Lake Caney. The sites vary in size and shadiness, though most sites are shaded by pines and other species. All the sites offer back in parking with tent pads. Some of the sites are very private as well.
Jimmie Davis State Park also offers two boat ramps, a fishing pier and a swim beach.
- Operated by the State of Louisiana Department of Culture, Recreation and Tourism
- Open year round
- Site assignments are first come first served, though can be made. One night cancellation fee
- Registration at main office
- 73 multipurpose sites
- Electric(30amp) and water hookups
- Each site has tent pad, grill, fire ring, and picnic
- Dump station
- Restrooms and showers
- Fishing Pier
- 2 boat ramps
- Boating (bring your own)
- No swimming or playgrounds
- Pets on leash only
- Fires in fire ring only
- Alcoholic Beverages permitted except on beach
- 15 day stay limit—no 3 or 4 wheelers
Return to Louisiana home page
Return Home from Jimmie Davis State Park