Joe Wheeler State Park
201 Mclean DrRogersville Alabama, 35652256-247-5466or256-247-5466www.joewheelerstatepark.com
If you are a fisherman, this is that lake and park you need to visit in Alabama. Known as a great bass fishery you will also find other species, such as crappie. With two boat ramps on site serving Wheeler Lake you will also find a third ramp providing access to Wilson Lake.
There is also a marina store for supplies and fuel for the total fishing getaway. Once you arrive you will not have to leave until it's time to go home.
The campground is surrounded by thick woods providing lots of shade, though there is not a lot of privacy between the sites.
However, the tent area is a nicely wooded section on a gravel loop road. You will find lots of trash cans and fire rings, however, like many attractive tent areas there are no true designated sites.
- Operated by Alabama State Parks
- Open year round
- Reservations are recommended March 1 through October 31
- Parking provided at sites, limit 2 cars per site
- 116 Multi purpose sites
- Electric, water and sewer hookups
- Each site provides picnic table and grill
- Dump station provided
- Restrooms and showers
- Camp Store on site
- 3 boat ramps
- Picnic Pavilions
- There is a restaurant located in the park
- Fishing and Boating (rentals available)
- Swimming beach
- hiking trails
- No Alcoholic Beverages permitted
- Fires in grills and fire rings only
- 50 foot maximum vehicle length
- 2 week maximum stay per site
Return to Alabama home page
Return Home from Joe Wheeler State Park