Lake Guntersville State Park
7966 Hwy 227Guntersville, Alabama 35976-9126256-571-5455www.alapark.com
Lake Guntersville State Park is situated in a beautiful stand of tall pine trees right on the shores of Lake Guntersville. With over 300 camp sites this park stays full almost all summer long.
The sites are small, especially when you compare them to other Alabama State Parks. However, if you don't mind the crowds and the intimacy, this park offers a little something for everyone.
Lake Guntersville State Park is divided into 8 different sections. If you are RVing try to head to sections D and G so that you can back your RV right into the site situated on the waters edge.
If you're tent camping head to section A.
If at all possible try to avoid section E as it buts right up next the the picnic pavilions which leads to heavy traffic all day, and sometimes into the evenings.
Every Day Information
- Operated by Alabama State Parks
- Site assignments are first come first served—about half the sites can be reserved—3 night minimum weekends and holidays
- No check in later than 9pm—check in at camp store
- Parking at camp site
- 321 Multipurpose sites
- electric(30 amps), water, 144 sites with sewer
- Each site contains a picnic table, grill and fire ring
- dump stations are available
- restrooms and shower facilities
- activities include swimming beach, playground, fishing, boating, 31 miles of hiking trails, tennis, basketball, volleyball, nature center, 18 hole golf course
- American Bald Eagle Convention Center, Cathedral Cavarns, Buck's Pocket State Park, Guntersville Museum and Cultural Center
- Pets must be on leash at all times
- Fires must be in fire ring only
- Alcoholic beverages are permitted at campsite only
- 14 day stay limit April to October
Return to Alabama home page
Return Home from Lake Guntersville State Park