Moccasin Creek State Park
3655 HWY 197
PO Box 1634
Clarksville, Georgia 30523
706-947-3194 or 800-864-7275
Located in the Blue Ridge Mounts and surrounded on three sides by Lake Burton, Moccasin Creek State Park offers unique amenities for the handicapped visitor.
The majority of the park is handicap accessible including a fishing pier reserved solely for handicapped visitors, seniors and children.
Even though Moccasin Creek State Park is located in the mountains it is relatively flat which means it is relatively easy to maneuver wheelchairs around the park.
The fall is the best time of year to visit Moccasin Creek State Park with the changing of the leaves, and beautiful views in the mountains, but it is also hard to find any empty campsites at this time of year.
- Operated by Georgia Department of Natural Resources
- Open year round
- site assignments first come first serve
- 55 RV Only Sites
- Electric and Water hookups
- Laundry Facilities
- Restroom and Shower Facilities
- Boat Ramp
- Observation Tower
- Wheelchair Accessible Facilities
- Pets on Leash Only
- Fires in Fire Rings Only
- No Alcoholic Beverages
- 40 Foot Maximum Vehicle Length
- There is no swimming available
- Appalachian Trail
- Chattahoochee National Forrest
- Tallulah Gorge State Park
Return to Georgia main page
Return Home from Moccasin Creek State Park